Mystery sail

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete G

My new-to-me boat came with a mystery sail.  It's labelled "Catalina 34T 25157 Quicksilver".  Any thoughts?   
Pete G
"Maris Otter"
1987 C34T #371
Wildwood YC
Cleveland, OH

pbyrne

Quote from: Pete G on July 11, 2023, 10:55:09 AM
My new-to-me boat came with a mystery sail.  It's labelled "Catalina 34T 25157 Quicksilver".  Any thoughts?

If you have the Tall Rig that might explain the T.  Quicksilver I'm not sure about, other than as a brand of Mercury.  What was the name of the boat originally?
2000 Catalina 34 MK II #1534

KWKloeber

What's her HIN?I'm

Labelled?? 

As in a tag on the sail bag?
On the sail?
What sail? Main? 150? Jib!

Info info info???
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Pete G

That's what is written on the sail bag.  It also came with a UK Sails Flasher (asym non-spinnaker pole).  I bought the boat in Sarnia, ON.  The previous owner had never taken them out of their bags, so he wasn't sure what they were.  Too windy to lay it out on the lawn today.

Hull #371
Pete G
"Maris Otter"
1987 C34T #371
Wildwood YC
Cleveland, OH

Steve_in_lex

Could the numbers be the assiged offshore racing #, and Quicksilver a prior name?  Could potentially be from a different boat or even a different class.  Just wondering.
Steve Saudek
2005 C-34 MK II
"Brisa"

Gary Brockman

I think Steve is correct in that the 25157 is the boats assigned racing number from the Detroit Regional Yachting Association (last four numbers start with a 5) and the boats previous name was Quicksilver, or the sail came from another boat named Quicksilver.
Squall
1986 Hull #231
Tall Rig/Fin Keel - Elliptical Rudder
M25XPB - Flexofold 2 Blade 15x10
Marina del Rey, California

Pete G

Thanks for the info.  It could be the previous main.  will have to wait for better weather to lay it out.
Pete G
"Maris Otter"
1987 C34T #371
Wildwood YC
Cleveland, OH