Portlights

Previous topic - Next topic

kent

Hi,
Has anyone replaced the acrylic windows in the six portlight? if so how much were the windows, and where did you purchase them. I have a 1988 C34, and I think they are Lewmar old standard portlights.
Thanks,

Stu Jackson

Kent

A FIND on Lewmar Portlights turned up:

http://c34.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=srch&s=329609511&findw=lewmar+portlights

I seem to remember that there are sources in some of these posts.

Good luck,

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

rwilkinsii

Try this link.. they have good prices on the windows and the gaskets.

port lights

Rich Wilkins
Watergate Marina
Houston Tx
86 c34
S/V Lil Tiger
rwilkinsii@yahoo.com
Geaux Tigers!!

jentine

I removed one and took it to a glazier.  He made six new lites of Lexan for a few dollars each.
Jim Kane

Mike and Theresa Vaccaro

Kent,

Might consider Jim's recommendation--we recently replaced ours, and the Lewmar lens run about 40 bucks each.  Also found that the specs called for a shallow (1/32") "countersink" area for the dogs, but not all of the lenses were properly machined!  Kinda' depressing for factory parts that cost so much.  No reason they can't be made locally.

Don't forget to replace your o-rings in the dogs--that'll take care of most leak issues.  The Lewmar seals are also available, about 12 bucks apiece, as I recall.  On the inside of the plastic dogs, Lewmar uses press in screw covers--we've left 'em off (exposes a stainless head) to ease future maintenance.  Also found an automotive product for refinishing the plastic window frames:  SEM COLOR COAT "Flexible Coating"--kind of a cross between paint and vinyl die.  Works well in light coats.  If your '88 has the tan colored liner, "Phantom White" #15003 is a perfect match.  

Cheers,

Mike