Parts off my 1993 C 34 tall rig

Previous topic - Next topic

David Discenza

Our 1993 C 34 has been declared a total loss by the insurance company and I am selling several items off of her. I live in Westbury, Long Island. Some of these items are too big/heavy to ship. I am willing to meet anyone in the tristate area (NY, NJ,CT) or who is willing to meet as far south as northern Maryland. I have pictures for some of the items listed below available upon request.

- Raymarine i60 wind direction/velocity instrument (1month old!)  $400
- 2 new halyards, 137' long, 10mm diameter,  w/ eye splice for shackle and eye splice for messenger line, made from Samson XLS3 rope. $190 ea.
- 1 Lewmar Chrome Lock-In Winch Handle. $100
- 1 Lewmar Chrome Standard Winch Handle. $80
- 1 Plastimo Iris 50 Handbearing Compass (blue) $100
- 1 Jim Buoy Standard Horseshoe Buoy w/ rack  $100
- 1 Weems & Plath SOS Distress Light $50
- 1 Weems & Plath Parallel Rulers (15") & Ultralight Dividers/Compass. $15

Contact me for photographs or for additional information.
CTYP12441293
"Irish Lady"

MarcZ

Sorry to hear about this!  We remember the boat from Worton Creek Marina.  I sent you a PM as I am interested in some of your items.  Thank you.
93 C34 Mk 1.5 #1258 TR WK M35
Upper Chesapeake

waughoo

Sent you an email about a request for something not listed.  Sorry to hear about the boat.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

David Discenza

Quote from: waughoo on June 09, 2023, 09:47:47 PM
Sent you an email about a request for something not listed.  Sorry to hear about the boat.
Haven't seen an email, waughoo. What's the request?
CTYP12441293
"Irish Lady"

waughoo

The emails sent from the BBS often end up in my spam due to how they get sent.  I'll try the PM instead.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

KWKloeber

Sorry to hear about the troubles David.  That's sad.

Just FYI -- today I had run across the W&P SOS Distress Light on West Marine - currently $42 on clearance.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

David Discenza

KWKloeber ..Shhhhhhhhhhh! (People can always make an offer.)
CTYP12441293
"Irish Lady"

Pete G

Quote from: David Discenza on June 08, 2023, 07:35:36 AM
- Raymarine i60 wind direction/velocity instrument (1month old!)  $400
- 2 130% roller furling genoas. Age of the sails is unknown (came with the boat) but are in very good condition. Luff length is ~39' $350 ea.
- 1 Jim Buoy Standard Horseshoe Buoy w/ rack  $100

David,
I'm interested in the buoy and the i60.  Can you tell me anything more about the genoas?

Pete
Pete G
"Maris Otter"
1987 C34T #371
Wildwood YC
Cleveland, OH

David Discenza

Pete G,

I can tell you one of the genoa's was cleaned, inspected, and any necessary sewing was done at the end of last season. The second was in use this season. The sails were made by a company called Sail Cure in the Baltimore, MD area. I contacted them but, when I gave them the numbers off the sail, they said their records didn't go back that far. So, there's not much more I can tell you. Where are you located? I don't mind driving a reasonable distance to show you the sails.
CTYP12441293
"Irish Lady"

Pete G

I'm in the Cleveland area.  I had the enjoyment of watching my 155% shred due to an issue with the furler - headed over today to take it down and get it inspected.  I have another genoa that I'm having Ulman take a look at when I drop off the ripped one.  I'll keep you posted on the sail.  Still interested in the other stuff.

Pete
Pete G
"Maris Otter"
1987 C34T #371
Wildwood YC
Cleveland, OH

rjabara

David, any chance you are getting rid of your 25 gal fuel tank?  Mine has a serious leak.

Thanks.

Rich

David Discenza

Rjabara,

The boat is now owned by the insurance company who has turned it over to Coparts. You might look there to see if you can find a fuel tank.
CTYP12441293
"Irish Lady"

glennd3

David what happened that caused the lose.?
Glenn Davis
Knot Yet
1990 Catalina 34 Mk 1.5
Hull 1053
TR/WK
M25XP
Patapsco River
Chesapeake Bay Maryland