What's a healthy engine sound like?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Hardesty

QuoteAquamet 22 + Flexofold 3-blade here too for the past 4 years. I love the combination, and the FF prop has allowed me to sail in light wind conditions when I used to have to motor. (Chesapeake summers) I've passed a lot of boats up to 45' in light air. I can often sail on genoa alone at 6-6.5 kts if the wind is 7 kts or higher. My hydrodynamic drag is dramatically reduced.

When asked about my Max-prop, I say it's the best sail change I've ever made.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

pbyrne

Quote from: Jim Hardesty on June 06, 2023, 04:05:40 PM
QuoteAquamet 22 + Flexofold 3-blade here too for the past 4 years. I love the combination, and the FF prop has allowed me to sail in light wind conditions when I used to have to motor. (Chesapeake summers) I've passed a lot of boats up to 45' in light air. I can often sail on genoa alone at 6-6.5 kts if the wind is 7 kts or higher. My hydrodynamic drag is dramatically reduced.

When asked about my Max-prop, I say it's the best sail change I've ever made.
Jim

I have a 3 blade variprop that came with the boat, so I don't know what it's like without it, but I can say that it does seem to ghost along at low wind speeds nicely.  Sometimes just 2 kts in a light breeze from the aft quarter but it does do it.
2000 Catalina 34 MK II #1534