Install toe rail 1-1/4" T-Track

Previous topic - Next topic

Noah

Hence my previous comment: i would love to have them, but I fear "too hard" to execute.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Holger Dieske

On the starboard side I removed the paneling on the ceiling in the aft cabin to get at the nuts. for the backmost 2 or 3 I had to cut a hole in the small cupboard on the back side.
On the port side I took out the engine control panel to get at the rear 2 or 3 nuts, I got the others by lying down in the locker (under the port bench seat in the cockpit).
Since I was only interested in the rear part of the rail, I don't know exactly whether and how far forward it goes.
But I'll be back on the boat in Italy in a few weeks and could take a look, since I didn't manage to reinstall the paneling in the aft cabin the last time.

Holger
I am from Germany and I use Google-Translator! (and a little bit my brian ;) )

C34 "RUNAWAY" Mark 1.5 - 1992 WK - Hull Nr. 1219 - Yanmar3GM30F - Flag: German - Boat stay in Mediterranean Sea.

Holger Dieske

The Bolts are about 10centimeters long

C34 "RUNAWAY" Mark 1.5 - 1992 WK - Hull Nr. 1219 - Yanmar3GM30F - Flag: German - Boat stay in Mediterranean Sea.

waughoo

Noah,

I was at the boat last night and I believe it could be done.  The aft cabin valance strip (where the lights are installed) has a vinyl wrapped cover.  Once removed, the spot where the bolts protrude becomes visible.  As Holger says, at some point it will be behind the aft bulkhead.  When I had my water tank out, I was able to get above the closet area to reach those spots.  I can't say it would be easy, but one could do it.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Noah

Thx Alex! But at my age and somewhat waning ambition level for boat yoga, I am more and more attaching a scale of "difficulty vs rate of return" to all of my projects. I have moved outboard tracks and their possible resultant speed gain, to pretty low on my list.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

waughoo

That thought occurred to me as I wrote the message.  To get to the aft end of the track from the lazzerette is QUITE a significant yoga possition.
Alex - Seattle, WA
91 mk1.5 #1120
Std rig w/wing keel
Universal M35
Belafonte

Holger Dieske

... no, If you Cut a round hole (for your Hand) in the cupboard its realy easy!
Holger