does anyone know where this goes

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Hardesty

Found this pin under my stove, Seaward Hillerage/princess.  Thats not threads but barbs, I'm thinking it gets pressed into something.  The manual doesn't show anything that looks like this.  It's maybe 5/8 long and 3/16 dia.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

sselinger

Could this be the pin which locks the stove from swinging?
Steve Selinger
Aquila #1047

Ron Hill

Jim : It looks like there is some wear on that pin.  Look to see if it is part of the oven door hinge.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Looks to me like the grooves might be made to receive a fork in a slot to hold the pin in place or to secure something like e  spring on the pin using an outside cotter (hairpin clip) that slips into a slot.  Is there anything spring loaded around?
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

J_Sail

Jim Hardesty

QuoteAny chance it's one of the gimbal pins?

I don't think so.  The gimbal works as does everything on the stove.  Thanks for the information, looks to be more complete than mine.  Plan is to give the stove a good cleaning/inspection/search for a hole missing a pin.  Thinking about reaching out to Seaward. 
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Craig Illman