Oberdorfer N202M15 on M25XP

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike McDonald

Hi guys,
Thanks so much for all of the suggestions and ideas, I really appreciate all of the help you provide. Sorry it's taken me a while to follow up.

It appears that the thru hull got plugged after leaving my slip. I always verify that water is flowing after starting the engine. I ended up blowing out the inlet line and something finally broke loose. After that, I was able to get the old pump to pump water. It was still dripping, so I put on the spare pump and it worked fine. I've taken the boat out a few times and just motored around for hours. (No wind anyway) So far so good. I will either rebuild the old pump or have it rebuilt to keep as a spare.

The only real difference that I can see between the 2 pumps is the cover plate gasket. The replacement pump has an o-ring and the original pump had a paper gasket. The inlet and outlet elbows fit both pumps.

Thanks again for all of the help!!
Mike......
Mike McDonald
1987 / #0396  / M25xp
"Irish Diplomacy"
Pultneyville Yacht Club
Lake Ontario

KWKloeber

Mike
Just FYI when you rebuild the old one, you can get a cover from Moyer Marine that upgrades the 202 to an o-ring.  It's 'specially for the old pump bolt pattern (not interchangeable with between the 202 and N202.)
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain