Engine Temp

Previous topic - Next topic

rwilkinsii

I was wondering if ya'll could help me out; I just bought a 1986 c34 hull number 65 with the m25 or m25xp not sure.. but i am ruinning at a temp of 130 in water that is  aout 75-80 degrees. Is this something i should worry about?? I see that there is a spare themostat and looks like an impeller also so not sure what is in there.   :confused: :confused:

Thanks and happy sailing    

Our Thoughts and prayers go out for those in teh way of Isabel...

Rich Wilkins
Houston Tx
86 c34
S/V Lil Tiger
Geaux Tigers!!

Stu Jackson

Cool Runnin'

Rich

Sounds like no thermostat is installed when you're running that cool.

Check whether you have one installed.

If you run that cool, and there IS a thermostat, get another one.

If you run that cool, the existing impeller seems to be OK, but maybe the PO was trying to tell you something about installing a new impeller.

With your hull # you have the M25, with the smaller HX unless the PO swapped it out for the newer 3 inch HX.

It's not something you should worry about, it's something you should do something about.

Searches on the main website, FAQs, Projects and the Find on this MB will get you to TONS of stuff, so try raw water pumps, and any combination of those words.

You should also check to make sure your alternator bracket has been replaced and the new stronger bracket installed.  See Projects and FAQs for my LOOOONG story about that lovely bit o'work.

Stu

PS  hope you read Steve Lyle's WEblog as earlier recommended, which covers lots of this material.  Good luck.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

rwilkinsii

Stu -
 I read that weblog and it was a great read.. I'm looking forward to geting more stuff done to mine.. I've already replaced teh head and r&r the portlights.. I found a place here in houston that seels the gaskets for less then 6 a peice along with other stuff for the port lights.. I found replacement portlights for 62 i think.. But I have no regrets to buying this old of a boat that hasn't been used.. the motor only has 640 hours on it.. no smoke YET

Rich Wilkins
Houston Tx
86 c34
S/V Lil Tiger
Geaux Tigers!!