Running lights, etc

Previous topic - Next topic

seacatc34

What do I need for spare bulbs for running lights?  What wattage, what brand?

Thanks

C34 Mk II
Cat's Paw

Ted Pounds

I don't remember the specs, but what I did was to remove one and went to my local chandlery (West Marine) and bought a couple that matched.  Bonus is you'll also know how to change them.   ;)

Ted
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Mike and Theresa Vaccaro

Also consider picking up a tube of dilectric silicone--some times called "bulb grease."  It is a silicone compound that doesn't harden and provides excellent corrosion protection.  It's a tad expensive (small tube is about 5 bucks), but one tube goes a long way.  You can use it on any electrical connection; but externally mounted bulbs and there connectors are particularly prone to corrosion.  Just slobber a bit on the bulb prior to mounting it and you're all set.  A quick shot of Boeing T-9 or it's equivalent is the next best option.

We've found that 95% of the problems we've had with our new (to us) 34 have been the result of corrosion, both electrical and mechanical.  The other 5% are leaks...leading us to the conclusion that corrosion IS the enemy--and an ounce of prevention is worth a short ton of cure.

Cheers,

Mike Vaccaro
"Spirit" '88 Hull 563

seacatc34

Thanks for the good suggestions

Cat's Paw