UK Sails

Previous topic - Next topic

tandm

I am still in hot pursuit of a new genoa. After getting a quote of over $1,500.00 to repair the old rag, any thoughts of taking that option have been eliminated. I have gotten 4 quotes from both local and national lofts. UK Sailmakers looks the most promising at this point. They claim they can come down from Sydney BC and measure the boat and come back to bend it on for the first time within two weeks of ordering.  Their "Tape Drive" technology looks interesting, as well.  ( If you don't mind being seduced by a litle marketing hype.)

Does anyone have UK sails on their boat?  I would be interested in hearing your impressions of the sails. Thanx in advance. :)

td
Peregrine #543

Jkar

UK sails rock.  If they are going to come down from BC to take measurements, then come back and check the sails, that should show you the type of commitment they have.  In the midwest UK sails dominate.  The Detroit loft goes above and beyond the call of duty.  I will never deal with anyone again.  I have posted before on the great shape, durability and fastness of the sails.  I am finishing up the fourth season on the TapeDrive Genoa and Main that I got from them and the shape and speed are still there.  I have pre-ordered a new set of Carbon sails from them for next year and will keep this set for at least another 5 years of cruising.  What has sold me and keeps me coming back is quality and customer service.  What you have mentioned, if anything like the Detroit loft will keep you happy for years to come.  I made the mistake of ordering my spinnaker from North, after they were on my night and day to buy it, as soon as I wrote the check and took delivery, they couldn't have been bothered taken my calls or follow-up questions to the shape.  The UK guys see you on the street, cross it to see how it is going and if there is anything you need.  The loft is kinda out of the way, but one of the guys lives central to a bunch of us and has setup a drop-off in his garage.  You go buy, fill out the tag, throw your sail in the cart, a week later you get a call, give them a CC# or after awhile they will bill you, and then they put your sail back in the garage.  Sorry for the rambling, but as I said, they ROCK!