Air Conditioning & Heating
- How to commission your water tanks
- Keeping the tanks fresh
- Plumbing Modification
- Two discussions on controlling the hot water temperature:
- Water heater doesn’t heat Q&A when motoring
- Winterizing your hot water tank More hints in the Maintenance Section.
- Mk 1.5 Cockpit Shower
- Pressure Pump – Troubleshooting Guide from ShurFlo –KWKloeber 19:59, 21 May 2015 (PDT)
The galley sinks and ice box share a common thru hull drain. Here are a few projects to improve them.
- Back of sink access hole by Lance Jones
- Galley Sink Drain
- Sink and Icebox Drain
- Whale Gusher Galley Mk Pump Service Kit Installation by Dan Cross
Head & Holding Tank
- Head (takes you to a separate article list)
Thru-hull Replacement: The Catalina 34 was typically manufactured with Marlon thru hulls. It’s important to regularly inspect and operate your boats thru hulls.
Clogged A/C (or other thru-hull)? Tip of the week: Through hull for A/C water intake clogged? Forget the coat hanger trick….you’ll only get frustrated (as I did). No need to buy an expensive plumber’s snake, either. An 18″ coil spring screen door closer like the one at your grandmother’s front porch will bend and flex enough to enable you to force clogged debris back out. I bought one at a local hardware store for $3.00. It works just fine. Bob Shoreman s/v Luxury Tacks Saint Simons Island, GA