Strap placement for haulout?

Previous topic - Next topic

McSalish

I recently became the owner of a '92 C34.  It was on the hard when I bought it and the yard it was in uses a Sea-Lift.  I'm now faced with a haulout in a yard with a travel lift and I'm unsure of strap placement.  I assume "as close to under the bulkheads as possible" is the right answer but...   Any advice is welcome. 

Thanks.

KWKloeber

The C30 factory documents show lifting points, I believe (IIRC) it's on the cradle diagram. Doesn't the C34 owners manual show that info??

But the shorter answer is "Yes".
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Jon W

PDF's of the owners manuals for MK 1, 1.5, and 2 are in the Tech WIKI. Lift strap information is in Section/Chapter 5. MK 1 and 1.5 have same lift strap locations, but different dimensions from the lifeline stantion. I wasn't able to open the MK 2 PDF so don't know if it's the same as older boats.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

KWKloeber

Jon

Thanks for the head's up on the MK-II manual!!   :thumb: :thumb:

Apparently, the idiot who posted the link to that particular manual was either inebriated or sleep deprived that day.  I forgot that I had moved the PDF off a static C34 web page, over to the wiki repository.    :shock: :shock:

I just repaired the link  --  the wiki **should** take overnight to catch up.

The MK-II manual is here:
http://c34.org/wiki/images/d/dc/C34-mkII-owners-manual.pdf

The lift points are on Page 61.

cheers
-ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

McS : Look in the MK I manual on page 5.2. 
The lifting points are essentially in the middle of the aft fixed portlight and just forward of the bow Lewar opening port.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

McSalish

Thanks.  Got it.  Feel silly for not looking there in the first place.

Cheers,

Mark