Replacing seaward hot water heater

Previous topic - Next topic

kerk fisher

I have a seaward s600-120 that is 13x13x16, leaking badly do I want to replace it with the same model which is, unfortunately, 14x14. The hatch hole is 14.25. Can I squeeze the old out and new in by the hatch?  Or who makes a smaller unit?  Thanks. Kerk
Kerk Fisher
C34, Into the Mystic II
Hull #1102, 1990
Sailing the North Channel, Lake Huron
908 Wicksbury Place, Louisville, KY 40207
Louisville, KY 40205
502-454-7759
Alternate email: kerksailmystic@gmail.com

sselinger

I was able to replace mine by removing the door and frame of the opening in the front side of the installed water heater. (side with connections and drain valve.
Steve Selinger
Aquila #1047

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jack Hutteball

Kerk, it looks like you have a MK ll like me. I have 1555.  It will come out of the opening in the seat, but you have to remove the batteries and boxes, disconnect everything on the heater.  Then rotate it 90 degrees and it will lift right out.  Work yes, but easy to do and replace with the same model.  Hose connections on the back of the heater were hard to get to on our boat.  Replacing it I added extensions to the back hose connections so I could connect it under the galley cabinet rather than the settee.

Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Jack Hutteball on August 19, 2018, 03:51:22 PM
Kerk, it looks like you have a MK ll like me.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mebbe not, #1102 could be a Mark 1 1/2 with a Mark I interior.

I used to know this stuff... :cry4` :D :clap :thumb:
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."