water for the head?

Previous topic - Next topic

anaisdog

hull 99 1986, i can't remember what i do to get water into the head.  the boat was winterized so all i get is a small amount of pink coming out but no water.  what do i need to open to get water flowing into the toilet?  thanks

btw, i assume this means i don't have the engine water right either.  i did open what i thought was the seacock - the valve is in line with the hose.  i remember there was 3 things to open.  thanks

becki kain
Hull #99, c34, 1986, Detroit Yacht Club

scgunner

The pump on your head is a piston type, positive pressure pump. With the seacock open, if you can't pull water into the bowl you may need to rebuild the pump. They don't last forever, I've rebuilt or replaced mine at least 3 or 4 times.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

patrice

Hi,
You might have more than one seacock to open.
Under the head cabinet, I have one for the engine, and one for the sink drain with a T to go to the head.

To check is the head pump is still good, fill a bucket with water and pour some in the head and pump.
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Ron Hill

Adog : Make sure you have the pump lever on "Wet Bowl" and you have the center thru hull open - under the head sink.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Quote from: anaisdog on July 01, 2018, 05:57:16 AM
hull 99 1986, i can't remember what i do to get water into the head. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> i did open what i thought was the seacock - the valve is in line with the hose.  i remember there was 3 things to open.  thanks

becki kain

becki,

When in doubt, check the boat manual:  http://c34.org/wikiwp/?rdp_we_resource=http%3A%2F%2Fc34.org%2Fwiki%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DManuals

Look under plumbing, there's a diagram showing the OEM three thru hulls under the head sink.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Adog : My post above is if you still have have the factory plumbing!! 

In case you still don't have the factory plumbing - look at the bottom of the pump and you will see the inlet water hose.  Follow that hose and it will go thru the bulhead by the head sink.  Open the door under the sink and follow that hose (coming thru the bulkhead) to one of the three thru hulls.  Open the thru hull that hose is attached to!!   :thumb:

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

anaisdog

thanks everyone  i found it.  i thought i had opened all 3 but i missed one in the flurry of the launch.  thank you
Hull #99, c34, 1986, Detroit Yacht Club