San Diego slips

Previous topic - Next topic

scgunner

Rob,

Unless you really love that boat you might want think about selling it and buying a San Diego boat. By the time you get your boat in the water in San Diego you will probably spend 12K, that's about a third of the total value of the boat. With that kind of money you could significantly reduce the price of your boat to move it quickly and still come out ahead.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Mick Laver

Hey Rob,
Welcome to SD! See you on the water.

Here's a plug for the SD Catalina Association. We meet the second Thursday of the month (except July and December) at Silver Gate YC on Shelter Island. http://www.sdcatalinaassoc.com/

If you'd like more info just send a PM.

Mick and Sherrie Laver
CINNAMON
1999 C34 Mk II #1432
San Diego, CA

sailr4

Quote from: scgunner on March 03, 2019, 07:53:44 AM
     Rob,

Unless you really love that boat you might want think about selling it and buying a San Diego boat. By the time you get your boat in the water in San Diego you will probably spend 12K, that's about a third of the total value of the boat. With that kind of money you could significantly reduce the price of your boat to move it quickly and still come out ahead.

Gunner, It's a bit late now. LOL - I did consider selling, but with 10K in upgrades (new rigging, new sail, etc), I would not make out as well as hoped.  Especially buying more expensive boat out here and probably needing the same 10K upgrades.
Rob Fowler,1989 C34 #889 Tall/Wing, M25XP - No Worries, Coronado, CA

I'd rather be in a boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.