Kidde Wake Up Call

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulus

If you have not checked on your free replacements, you might try and call the company.  I placed my order in November and they told me that I would have them by the end of December.
Called again in January and was told that it would still be a while because of the back log.  Called again in April and they told me that their computers had crashed and my order was deactivated!!  They activated my order and it was to arrive in 2 weeks.  No merchandise.  Called today and they had to activate my order again.  This time I spoke to the supervisor and she send my order directly to the warehouse.   "Will be shipped tomorrow and arrive in a week". Each time I spend a hour on the phone listening to music.
Need to be persistent and patient
Paul
PS:  The supervisor gave me a direct phone number to check on my order. :wait
Cool Change 1989 #944

KWKloeber

WOW.  That's bizzar-o

My order was no muss, no fuss.  Ordering was seamless, arrived in a couple days, and I wasn't diligent enough to get on the bandwagon very early either.    Backlogs must really be piling up!

"if you can't say something positive about someone, then don't say it at all" need not apply to product recalls. :rolling  ('eh?)

-k
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Paulus

Ken, did you do it online or by phone.  I did it by phone. 
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Ken Juul

I missed it,  what recall are you talking about?
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Paulus

Ken, The recall on the Kidde fire extinguishers.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

KWKloeber

Paul,
I did mine online.  Simple and fast. The most time was just figuring out which of my brands/serial nos. were covered in the recall.

KJ:
http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,8395.0/nowap.html

-k
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Ken Juul

Thanks, I missed that post while the boat was for sale and we were someplace south avoiding the snow.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Paulus

Ken, do it on line.  By phone has been a challenge.  Even though the first time they answered on the 2nd ring and took all my info in Nov.  KK did his online and no hassle
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

DaveBMusik

In just did mine on line. Only one of my five (2 at home, 3 on boat) was covered. Unfortunately all of the small white ones I had on the boat were not covered. The only one that was covered was a larger red version I had at home.
Dave Burgess
Water Music
1986 C34 Hull #206, Fin Keel
Yanmar 3YM30
Noank, CT

Paulus

Received my new extinguishers yesterday.  It took 6 months to get.  I had already put the old back(white) as we are getting ready to leave for the North Channel.  Boat went in on the 8th and Cool Change will be leaving today.
Have a great summer of sailing my fellow sailors and hope to see a few of you in the North Channel.
Thanks for all the advice this past year.  Take care.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

KWKloeber

Paul

Did you end up reordering, or was this from the original (ill fated) order and phone tickling?

-Ken

Dave Spencer

See you up there Paul. We'll be leaving Lion's Head in a couple of weeks for a summer in the North Channel.
Dave Spencer
C34 #1279  "Good Idea"
Mk 1.5, Std Rig, Wing Keel, M35A Engine
Boat - Midland, Ontario (formerly Lion's Head)
People - London, Ontario