New owner/member hull 179

Previous topic - Next topic

Field Day Skipper

Greetings! After 25+ years of sailing, crewing, and working on the boats of others, I decided to buy myself hull 179 in San Francisco a little while ago. I have been a member of this assoc. for a bit, but am just now getting around to interacting. This forum has been immensely helpful.

As an exercise in using this site, I have attached a list of my main refit projects. Let's see if it works.

It's all about the traveler and stanchions right now. Throughout the traveler assembly, the old screws are tight. The good news is that it looks like I inherited a completed through-bolt upgrade. On the stanchions, the PO did some creative finger painting with the "bedding compound."
Gambit
Berkeley, CA
1986 Catalina 34

Jon W

Congratulations on your purchase and look forward to hearing how your upgrades/repairs go. Good list.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

DaveBMusik

Dave Burgess
Water Music
1986 C34 Hull #206, Fin Keel
Yanmar 3YM30
Noank, CT

KWKloeber

welcome aboard skipper.

You might fill out the profile or add a signature with complete boat, engine, etc info so that it makes it easier to help you!

-ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

rjengelhart

Welcome aboard.  Why not join Fleet 1 here in San Franciso Bay?
RJE
SV Andiamo