CNG tank refill and certification

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Hansen

I'm looking for current information on CNG tank refill and certification 2018. I'm pretty clear on building an adapter if necessary since there doesn't seem to be any tank exchanges around. Spoken with several marinas, Haven Harbor and Georgetown, they are not doing this anymore. I'm not sure where to look for someone who would do certifications and was wondering if anyone is doing this in the Chesapeake area.

Steve Hansen
Georgia Peach 1987 #349
Tall Rig/ Wing Keel
Universal M25XP

BillG

Have you tried the sailing emporium across from waterman crab house.  I used to do CNG exchanges there, but heard they may have been bought by someone else.
Bill
Rock Hall, MD

Steve Hansen

Yes I looked into Sailing Emporium. They were bought out by Haven Harbor and not doing CNG.
Steve Hansen
Georgia Peach 1987 #349
Tall Rig/ Wing Keel
Universal M25XP

MarcZ

I have searched NJ PA DE MD and only place where I was able to re-certify my aluminum tank was "Kennedy Welding Supplies Inc" in Trenton NJ (~$20)

(Thank you concerned legislators for solving yet another non-existing problem with more licensing)
93 C34 Mk 1.5 #1258 TR WK M35
Upper Chesapeake

KWKloeber

In NY, Haun? Welding said they can do it. I don't know whether they have other locations but they have a website.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

scgunner

Steve,

If you're looking to get the DOT 5yr cert for your CNG tank you might try your local scuba dive shop, while they don't test them on site they usually have a place they send their customers dive tanks to so they can get the same 5yr cert.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Steve Hansen

Thanks, will investigate local dive shops and local welding supply shops as we have those in the area, Lancaster/York PA area. Will post on any success.
Steve Hansen
Georgia Peach 1987 #349
Tall Rig/ Wing Keel
Universal M25XP

rmbrown

I just had mine inspected at my local mom-and-pop oil and propane business.  They inspect at no cost if you fill there.
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC