ON SALE-Boatowners Mechanical and Electrical Manual 4. Nigel Calder

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiskymac

For any others who may have balked at the $64 price tag on the "essential " book.....Now on sale at Amazon and Waly's World for $20!!
Jeremy Lewis. 1988 C-34 #711. Standard rig, shoal draft
Yanmar  3GM30

rmbrown

Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

waterdog

Went to an electrical seminar from Nigel Calder this weekend.    He bought his own book online for $20 because it is way cheaper than he can get it from the publisher.   He tried to buy 20, but they wouldn't let him.   This is a phenomenal deal.    If you don't have a copy, get it now before they fix this glitch in the online shopping world.
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Jon W

I bought one. Was skeptical because of the price, but it's the real deal hard cover book.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Bill Shreeves

I grabbed one for $20.  This this a great book for the full price.  Insane steal for $20.  Picked up the Marine Diesel Engines 5 minutes after thumbing through the Mechanical and Electrical manual.  it too is a great book!
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

Noah

Yeah, and it weighs a ton. Tough decesion when it come to storage onboard.. the book, or another two bottles of single malt! 8)
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

rmbrown

It's $20 on Amazon for Kindle as well and fits on my phone.  I love it!
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Noah on March 27, 2018, 02:58:58 PM
Yeah, and it weighs a ton. Tough decesion when it come to storage onboard.. the book, or another two bottles of single malt! 8)

I've remarked here once or twice before that "If I ONLY had TWO books I could take on a voyage"  they would be === 

Boatowners Manual for Mechanical & Electrical Systems

and

Cruisers Handbook

I was actually able to put this to the test and these were the only two "boat stuff" books we brought on our trip in 2016 from SF to BC. 

I used them both during the trip.

The weight was worth it, but I was a dummy.  I shoulda put them on the starboard side 'cuz of the port list.

I think the single malt makes more sense.   :clap :clap :clap
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Bill Shreeves

Noah -
IF you HAVE to choose, single malt fixes nearly everything including waiting for a tow 'cause you you didn't bring Boatowners Manual for Mechanical & Electrical Systems off the boat ;).   That been said, my new books will always go along with my beverage of choice.
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD