Cabin Table

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

Very, VERY UNIQUE to say the least. 

Should we always endeavor to say the least or the most, or something in between?   :donno:
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

britinusa

Yep, UNIQUE (more or less  :thumb:)

Still working on the table design.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

britinusa

Latest plan is to include a C34 logo on the table top.

I'll need to print it using a laser printer and the higher res the better.

Anyone got a nice clean large pic of the C34 logo?

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Ken Juul

Admiral decided she wanted a table again.  Rather than cut down the original table, I went to a used furniture store and found an end table.  Cut off the sides, added end fiddles and inlaid some tiles. Fiddles are wider than I really wanted, but cutting them down was too much work.  Admiral is happy so I am happy 8)
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Indian Falls

This is my low budget table solution.
It started out as a cherry glue up I did for a head board for a single bed.  It never got finished so one day I just took to it and laid out an ellipse that was as large as possible 36x19 I think.  It swivels on the pedestal for easy access and is perfect for 2 eating at the table and perfect for 4 doing cocktails etc...   we never eat below underway. 
Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?

scgunner

Folks,

I just have to say how enjoyable this thread has been. I've been thinking about a table modification for better access for a while. I think you guys have come up with some amazing and innovative  ideas for approaching this problem.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

scgunner

I made a teak tabletop that is 4" shorter on all sides for ease of access to the seating. I was pleasantly surprised to find when it is lowered it still provides enough support for the center cushion to use a berth. Also while in the midst of this project it occurred to me that it might just be better to remove the pedestal/tabletop and just have a wide open salon.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

rmbrown

Anybody got a picture of the cushion(s) used to convert the table to a bed?
Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC

sailr4

Here you go...
Rob Fowler,1989 C34 #889 Tall/Wing, M25XP - No Worries, Coronado, CA

I'd rather be in a boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

rmbrown

Mike Brown
1993 C34 Tall Rig Wing Keel Mk 1.5
CTYP1251L293
Just Limin'
Universal M-35AC