replacing tall vetus cowl

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

If it's still the Vetus base, consider contacting them.

cowl vents
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

anaisdog

Hull #99, c34, 1986, Detroit Yacht Club

sailaway

I replaced my vetus cowl vents with new vetus  , just the top part.  Wasted my money with in a few years they had a big brown spot on the top. They were the white ones with red interior. Charlie

britinusa

I painted both of ours with Krylon, not the best finish, but still looking pretty good.

The interiors of the vents are painted with Red and Green appropriate to the side of the boat.

:)

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

DaveBMusik

I had edited my earlier reply so you may not have seen this.

Page 270-273 lists specs for the cowls including flow capacity.
https://doc.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/pdfs/Vetus_Catalog/Vetus_2015_Catalog.pdf
Dave Burgess
Water Music
1986 C34 Hull #206, Fin Keel
Yanmar 3YM30
Noank, CT

scgunner

Becki,

If you were asking me, I used Marinco/Nicro stainless steel solar vents available through West Marine. As I recall they fit the existing platform rather nicely with little or no modification required.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

mregan

I like this idea of replacing them with solar vents.  Never thought of that, good tip.

anaisdog

i would but i already have solar fans in the aft

scgunner

Becki,

If you're talking about the OE solar vents in the head and aft cabin, I moved them forward to the dorade vent holes and just capped the back holes. If you have a dodger those rear vents are practically useless and if you don't can you really have to much ventilation?
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

anaisdog

true.  i don't have a dodger so i have the solar vents after and the dorado forward.  thanks