Water Filter

Previous topic - Next topic

britinusa

Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Jon W

Hi Paul, nice work. What kind of doors do you have for the shelves/storage behind the settee in the background?
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

britinusa

The PO installed them as part of his prep to take the boat on a Bermuda race.

There's a piece of stained ply that covers the entire shelving behind the chain plate rods, from the fwd bulkhead to the edge of the aft end of the shelving

There are 3 doors on each side, could be teak.

They make great storage spaces and, as per their intent, they would keep stuff in if the boat ever broached.

They do make the cabin appear smaller compared to other c34's I've seen, but I plan on recovering/replacing the cushions with a lighter material.

Paul
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

Jon W

Any chance you could post a couple pictures with doors open and closed?
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

britinusa

Quote from: Jon W on January 24, 2018, 07:56:42 AM
Any chance you could post a couple pictures with doors open and closed?

There's no Laundry in there  8)

Will take pic tomorrow.

Paul
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

britinusa

Pics of 'Cupboards' (Port Side, Aftmost door.)
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

Jon W

My acrylic doors and guides were missing when I bought the boat so have been considering replacing with something similar to yours. Very nice and thanks for posting.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

britinusa

The only downside is that they make the boat darker (but as we never had the previous layout, not sure of if there's a difference)

We're going to replace the cabin cushions (and v-berth / aft berth) and they will be much covered in much brighter material.

Paul
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

britinusa

Back to the Filter Subject.

Here's the schematic of the Fresh water plumbing system
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

britinusa

Better pic?
Paul & Peggy

See you out on the water

Fred Koehlmann

Hi Paul,

Nice diagram. Quick question... how much power does the UV filter/light draw? Is it on all the time or only when the water is flowing? I'm curious how this is going to affect the house bank and if there was an issue of going from 120v to 12v, or did they have a DC option?

Thanks, Fred.
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine

KWKloeber

Paul

Just for documentation purposes, there is a check valve on the supply to the water heater, to prevent hot water from back-feeding to pump and into the cold water side of the system. 

I've posted it before -- but as a reminder -- the CV MUST be pressure rated and CANNOT be replaced by the current plastic model Shurflo 340-001 used on water systems (the old Shurflo plastic CVs that CTY used were ok.)

ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Jon W

Ken, When replacing the old one what brand and part number check valve should be used?
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

KWKloeber

Quote from: Jon W on February 04, 2018, 04:40:32 PM
Ken, When replacing the old one what brand and part number check valve should be used?

The old standby marine (read: expensive) one is the Jabsco 34344-0000

I used a SharkBite check valve (Home Depot online.)  I chose the 3/4" model to lessen pressure loss across it.  It's ridiculous the number of spots 1/2" water flow gets reduced to about 3/8" flow using so-called "1/2-inch" fittings.

k
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Jon W

The 1/2" Shurflo inline check valve is rated up to 100 psi same as the Jabsco. Why not use it?
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca