Adler Barbour Cold Machine solid red led indicator

Previous topic - Next topic

Joyride

Gang,

My Fan cooled cold machine has been working. Fine for several months since I replaced the thermostat but now won't turn on.  The led indicator is on but not blinking.  It's just solid red.  Fuses are ok.  And I have plenty of power to the unit.  I can't find "solid red" or "on but not blinking" in any of the troubleshooting posts. 

Any ideas where to start?
1991 Catalina 34 (mk 1.5) Universal M35 Wing Keel

Stu Jackson

From "101 Topics":

Refrigeration 101 - link to Richard Kollmann's website

http://www.kollmann-marine.com/

There are a couple of other fridge topics in the 101 series.

Good luck.

PS - I didn't read them to see if they have your particular issue, but I do recall Kollmann having detailed explanations of the lights.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Joyride

Thanks for the link. I read up on that a while back but I'm still scratching my head on this one.  Has anyone ever had the LED Indicator just stay on? 
Heading back to the boat this evening to see if I can figure anything out. 

Thanks!

1991 Catalina 34 (mk 1.5) Universal M35 Wing Keel

KWKloeber

Joy

Make sure that the LED terminals aren't reversed (+ & D), I believe that -- if they are -- the light will burn continuously.  The thermostat shouldn't affect the light, which is activated by the circuit board when the compressor comes on (low voltage or excessive amps.)

Let us know what you find out?
Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain