Installing EV100 on 2000 C-34

Previous topic - Next topic

martinmp

Please help with how to install and where to mount the parts of the EV100.  I'd love to get this done this winter and be ready for Spring!  Also, does anyone know if the wheel mount can be used on a Lewmar folding wheel, 40"? 

Thanks!

Tony

Mas Tequila

Martinmp,

In our case the ACU and the sensor core are mounted to the aft bulkhead inside the aft cabin. They are high enough that they are out of the way and are completely protected. Even though I hate Raymarine's manuals installation was pretty straight forward. We have a MK-I but I'm guessing install shouldn't be any more difficult on your hull.

I don't know if the drive fits the Lewmar wheel, you would certainly think so but I would run that past Lewmar or Raymarine.

Mmmmm.....Folding wheel? Thanks for added something else expensive to my "need" list  :thumb:
Positive Latitude
1986 MKI hull # 11
Frankfort, MI

britinusa

The wheel mount cannot be attached to the folding wheel if you want to fold the wheel!

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Jim Hardesty

Installed one on Shamrock last spring.  I'm very happy with the performance.  There is good information here if you do a search.  Here is a picture of my installation under the aft berth.  Note the pvc pipe on curtain hangers, my attempt to protect the sensor head.
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA