Gel Coat

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

K

I agree spraying always produces the best job. Well unless it's a bad spray job, someone doesn't have the  experience  -  seen lots of those. I've done a couple vehicles but they were in s shop with a huge industrial compressor.  What size hp and/or cfm do you have for the small projects?  I've wanted to get a nail gun, or at least a Brad or finish nail gun, but have hesitated since I  figured that I'd have to get a large compressor.

kk

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Noah

Ken—not to the hijack this thread (but just did :cry4`)...I have many tools in the inexpensive cordless Home Depot lime green 18 volt lithium battery series; including a nail gun/finish tacker, sawzall, drill, roto tool, weed blower...and ALL work great. And with each tool coming with it's own battery and most with their own charger, I can hot swap batteries "forever" and never run out.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

KWKloeber

Noah

You had me getting all tingly, anticipating the line, "That I'm looking to get rid of for a good price."  But alas.....

You're talkin the Ryobi line?  I've caressed those and the Rdgid ones too on many a trip to HD. Just haven't made the financial commitment (yet). Pricey for occasional use!  I think of "inexpensive" and the letters HF instead of HD.

Wait!  What's that I see and hear??! Is that a sleigh heading this direction? Hmmmm maybe the jolly ole soul?

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Mas Tequila

Ken,

Sorry it took so long to get back to your question. My small compressor is 3.7 SCFM @ 40 lbs and I use a small detail gun with this compressor when I have small paint jobs to do. I bought it to use with my roofing nailer and it runs all of my nailers without a problem. For big jobs I have a two stage 220 that has an 80 gal tank and even using my sand blaster I never have to worry about running low on air with that monster.
Positive Latitude
1986 MKI hull # 11
Frankfort, MI

Paulus

Finished my boot strip.  Raised up the boot strip by 1" and used a small roller to apply Perfection Two Part Polyurethane from Interlux.  Did sand before I painted and cleaned the new area.  I did have to put on two coats.
Thanks for all the ideas.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

KWKloeber

That looks pretty darn spiffy. 
Really nice turn out on the boot stripe (and wax as well.)  Collenite?

-k

Paulus

Thanks Ken, no I did not use Collenite.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944