Bus Bar Fuse

Previous topic - Next topic

britinusa

While I was replacing the Bilge Pump wiring, I had to look around at the back of the Electrical Control Panel (while on my knees inboard of the Nav Table) and I noticed this disaster waiting to happen.

It looks like it is attached to the bus bar that is attached to the inside of the hull. I forgot about it while doing the wiring upgrade, but just saw it in my google photos.

Is it standard?

Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

scgunner

Don't have one on my boat, but it's an earlier boat. What is it protecting?
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

britinusa

Not sure, I'll have to move a bunch of wires out of the way to figure that out.
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

scgunner

You might want to put a test light on it first to see if it even works.
Kevin Quistberg                                                 Top Gun 1987 Mk 1 Hull #273

Ron Hill

Paul : If this is attached to the hull behind the main electrical panel, it's non standard and probably a PO installation. 
Trace the wire to see what it's protecting??  What gage wire is on either end?   :shock:

You might also determine where all the water?/ salt water? is coming from above that caused the corrosion!?!

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

mark_53

It looks as if it's embedded in the fiberglass.  Was the recess cut or was it embedded?