Ulman Sails

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon W

I've gotten a few emails from Catalina Direct and a local Ulman Sail loft advertising a 15% discount on their main and headsails.

Anybody bought Ulman Sails and can share their experience with the quality, durability, effectiveness, etc. of Ulman Sails sold by Catalina Direct? Thanks for the help.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Kevin Henderson

Had my Genoa done by US a couple years back.  Great Quality and a sail loft that is local that you can deal with direct.  The 15% off in the winter is great offer.  That's the way I did mine and am looking to have my Mainsail done this year as well. 
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Ron Hill

Jon : As a thought why not go direct to Ulman.  I bought a new 150% genoa out of cruising laminate with a bi radial cut from them (Deltaville Va). 
They did a super job and I also bought it at the end of the season sale!!
Ron, Apache #788

Chuck.Philips

I had our local Ulman dealer (Long Beach, CA) do some repair work on the 34's Genoa; however, I've been buying Ulman sails for an old Victory 21 that I still race and have nothing but good things to say about their quality and customer service.  I've purchased three main and jib combinations from the Santa Ana loft over the past decade.  They have a great staff to work with to meet all of your needs and exceed expectations.
Chuck Philips
"Forever Young"
2005 Catalina 34--#1725--Anniversary Edition

Jon W

Thanks for the help. I've replied to the email from the local Ulman Sails loft and will see what happens.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca