Ramarine C80 only shows numerals rather than the "Names" I have given Waypoints?

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck.Philips

Does anyone have a suggestion as to why my Chartplotter now identifies waypoints I have set over the past 5-6 years as numbers rather than displaying the "names" that I gave them?  The "names" still are associated to routes that I included them in; however, only a number displays on the screen.  Did I change a setting inadvertently?  I have tried to create new waypoints to replace the old ones and no matter what I enter into the system as the new "Name" the plotter will only display the waypoint as a number.  Another anomaly is it now doesn't display the icon that I associated with the type of waypoint, either.
Chuck Philips
"Forever Young"
2005 Catalina 34--#1725--Anniversary Edition

Dave S

Hi Chuck,
You might consider posting the question to the Raymarine tech forum http://forum.raymarine.com/index.php
I've had pretty good luck getting answers there although it might take a few days.
2000 Mk II #1471
s/v Breezin'
Annapolis, MD

Chuck.Philips

Thanks for the tip.  I searched the link you provided and as soon as I get back to the boat, I'll try out their suggestions.  Again, thanks
Chuck Philips
"Forever Young"
2005 Catalina 34--#1725--Anniversary Edition