Refrigerator convenience

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Hardesty

The July 2017 issue of Sail magazine has a sketch page with ideas on how to best use boat iceboxes and refrigerators. I have found Shamrocks fridge to be lacking on convenience.  I have two things to help a 12 pack beer/soda can holder and a folding step stool that allows me to reach the bottom.  The can holder is coated wire from Walmart.  What are others using?  Please include where purchased if you remember.
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

mregan

My '86 icebox has 2 levels where the inside of the box steps in about 1/2" all the way around.  On the lower indent we installed a two piece plexiglass shelf which blanks off the bottom of the icebox.  Keeps everything up out of the bottom of the box.  If we need more room, we can slide one section of plexiglass on top of the other and store more items in the bottom.
On the 2nd level, about 7-8" down from the top, I made a 8" wide shelf that runs from the bow to stern end of the icebox.  We keep smaller items on the shelf.  Made it out of some perforated panel I had laying around. Still give plenty of access to the drinks which are located below.