Blocked Deck Scuppers

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon W

When looking at adding an outside t-track for downwind sailing I talked to Warren Pandy at Catalina. He sent me two PDF's. Unfortunately I can't attach here due to the file size. If you send me a PM with your email I can send to you via email.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Stu Jackson

Jon, can you post them on the wiki and add the link here?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jon W

I can but not sure how so some breadcrumbs would be much appreciated.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

KWKloeber

Jon

If you want to email me the PDFs I have software to reduce their file size.  Usually, anyway.

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Jon W

Thanks for the offer Ken. I just sent both files to your email address. Thanks for the help.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jon W

The PDF's are attached.

The first attachment is a Catalina factory cross section drawing of a toe rail dated 1980. The second attachment is a newer Catalina diagram I'm guessing from a sales brochure. The 1980 cross section shows plywood in the toe rail construction, the newer diagram does not show plywood. I haven't asked Warren when the plywood construction method changed yet.

FYI - Ken is creating a Factory Issued Drawings section in the Tect WIKI that will include these as well as other drawings.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
San Diego, Ca

KWKloeber

Quote from: Jon W on July 03, 2017, 08:15:28 AM

FYI - Ken is creating a Factory Issued Drawings section in the Tect WIKI that will include these as well as other drawings.

The page is here:
http://c34.org/wikiwp/?rdp_we_resource=http%3A%2F%2Fc34.org%2Fwiki%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DManuals

Under the heading
Catalina Factory Issued Mods, Fixes, Construction Details, other documents

I added a single home for the CTY factory documents, just to make organizing/finding/updating them easier.  BUT, "feel free" if anyone wants to also add link(s) back to a document, on other wiki pages (for instance, under the HULL section for these two documents.)

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

britinusa

Armed with those pics from the pdf's, I'll take another look at the toe rail with a mind to enlarging the skuppers.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP