fuel shutoff sticking

Previous topic - Next topic

sailaway

I have a 1986 with an M-25 engine. When I pull the fuel shutoff the engine stops . Then I push it back down the return lever on the engine stays in the off position I just move it back with my finger so it will start. I put a extra stop on the cable to push it back down no help. Is there some kind of spring return I am not seeing. Charlie

KWKloeber

The shut off on the engine itself is spring returned.
Your return lever and gizmo might need some service   Mine is as stiff as get all ehen shutting down the engine,  but it still returns by itself

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ron Hill

Sail : Look and see if some lube on that pivot point on the engine will help.  Then disconnect the cable and work the pivot until it's easier before reconnecting the cable.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

sailaway

Took Rons advice and disconnected The shut off cable and lubed the pivot point until I got it working good. Also the cable needs to be almost level then it enter the engine so it doesn't get in a bind. Charlie