Lewmar Winches

Previous topic - Next topic

harrismd80

I'm new to the forum, so please be gentle.  I have two Lewmar Wavegrip 46st and one Lewmar 30st on my (new to me) 1989 Cataline 34.5.  I would like to get new Upper and Lower Crowns for each of the winches.  But with an older; ok.. old boat, it is hard to get new parts.  I was wondering if anybody has tried or know of any crowns from newer winches that would be compatible to fit my old winches?  Or maybe someone has other ideas.  Yes, I do know that I can buy new ones, but if I could have afforded that, I would have bought a newer boat.  ;)  I've looked on ebay, online, and also called Lewmar directly.

Thanks for your time.

Stu Jackson

Harris,

Welcome.

Have you tried the marine surplus stores, too?  Like Minnies on the west coast and Bacons on the east coast?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

KWKloeber

harrismd

PM me the part numbers that you want and I'll ck w/ my stocking distributor. It's the largest so maybe we'll  get lucky. 

Cheers
Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

harrismd80

Quote from: Stu Jackson on April 28, 2017, 06:44:12 AM
Harris,

Welcome.

Have you tried the marine surplus stores, too?  Like Minnies on the west coast and Bacons on the east coast?

Thanks for the reply to my post.  I haven't checked with Bacons since I've never heard of it.  I'll take a look at that and see.  With Minnies, I think I would have to buy the whole winch.

Thanks again,
Dave

harrismd80

Quote from: KWKloeber on April 28, 2017, 08:04:30 AM
harrismd

PM me the part numbers that you want and I'll ck w/ my stocking distributor. It's the largest so maybe we'll  get lucky. 

Cheers
Ken

Ken, I sent you a PM.  Thanks for checking into this for me.  You are too kind.

Mark Sutherland

I have an '86, so I'm not positive I had the same generation winch or not.  I looked around for months and could not find replacement crowns anywhere. I was tempted to have several sets custom made, but gave up on that idea and bought new winches at Minnie's for about half price (3 yrs ago).
Dunrobin II, 1986 C34 MK1 #170