main halyard length to haul dinghy aboard

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Illman

Sometimes the pole end on the mast fitting wants to roll upside down when you're done and trying to unhook everything, but it works pretty well. A lot cheaper setup than those fancy lifting davits on all the power boats in these parts. I'll try to remember to get a picture when I take the dinghy back up in a couple weeks.

Jack Hutteball

Craig, with any kind of luck it won't be snowing then!
Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Craig Illman

I'm optimistic! We're having a heat wave, it was 55 yesterday! Still a little wet though.  :?   Rumors that there could be sun on Sunday and Monday. I wonder if Stu even remembers sun by now?

Bill Shreeves

As I'm sure some of you saw on the news, we got slammed with a Nor'Easter in the North East and it was snowing again today in Jersey & Delaware.  I've had my fill of Winter by Jan 1.  COME ON SPRING!!!!!   Can't wait to launch...
The only thing that always works on an old boat is the owner...

Bill Shreeves
s/v "Begnnings" 1987 Shoal Draft #333
M25XPB, Worton Creek, MD

lazybone

Quote from: Bill Shreeves on March 15, 2017, 12:53:35 PM
As I'm sure some of you saw on the news, we got slammed with a Nor'Easter in the North East and it was snowing again today in Jersey & Delaware.  I've had my fill of Winter by Jan 1.  COME ON SPRING!!!!!   Can't wait to launch...

I received an email from my marina yesterday saying that winter had finally arrived.  :?
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

mark_53

I use my spinnaker halyard to haul my 80lb West Marine 310 RIB.  I made it long enough to reach all the way to the stern.  Has come in handy several times when things are moving around.  I haul it straight up from the tow bridle or just loop the halyard through the tow rings then lower on the fore-deck.