disposing of a cng tank

Previous topic - Next topic

mervdog

I am switching to propane for my gas range and oven. How do I get rid of my old  CNG tank.

KWKloeber

Is the certification still good, or toast?

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

mervdog

not sure, but I would guess it has expired. It was on the boat when I got it 15 years ago. Didn't use it much and it is empty.

Ron Hill

merv : I'd ask around and see it there is anyone that might like your old CNG tank.  Maybe a new owner will get it checked & recertified?

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

My suggestion is to call a local welding supply shop. An acetylene/oxygen supplier, not a small mom-and-pop shop. They probably have to get rid of tanks now and then and could give you a line, or maybe even take it to dispose  of for a few bucks.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain