What happened to the LINKS....

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

...that used to be on the top of the forum page to the C34 Home Page, C34 Tech wiki and C34 Tech Notes??? :? :? :? :?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

britinusa

All we need is a link to the Home page.

Paul
Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

Fred Koehlmann

But "Home" only takes you to the BBS home and not the "http://c34.org/" home page.  :(
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine

Sue Clancy

Dave Sanner (Webmaster) had modified these several months ago when we launched the new homepage.  Seems like something broke/changed since then.  I see Stu has asked Dave to look into it.
Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

KWKloeber

For David,

There's another issue also.  The "news" right above the "Home" link:

News:Take advantage of the new theme, update your forum profile.

The hotlink doesn't lead to "our" profile, it links to David Sanner's profile.

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

David Sanner

Stu just pointed this out to me today.  My guess is that a security patch I put in a week or so ago blew away our custom html.
Back to slamming some html down inside their php code.  The links have been updated to handle the new mods to our site... they may not all
be there but the important ones are.... like getting back to the top level!

I'm not sure about that 'news' link... I don't see that now, not sure where that comes from - old news?

-d
David Sanner, #611 1988, "Queimada" San Francisco Bay

KWKloeber

David,

I just attached a clip of that link that leads to your profile. I see now that it shows when the " header box" above the top of the posts is expanded. I hadn't noticed that before either -- there's a toggle on the upper right of the window that  toggles  that box  on and off. I have it  toggled on right now with my screen clips.

It's not a big deal, and as I said it only shows up with that box  toggled  on, I just thought maybe you didn't even want it there or obviously not have it lead to your profile.

Ken

Ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Stu Jackson

Thanks for the prompt fix, Dave.  :clap
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Sue Clancy

Dave, there is still an issue with the Join link on the top - It should go to http://c34.org/join/ - Seems to have a relative reference issue.
Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

Sailing48N

One issue I've been having recently is viewing the full size images within the tech wiki section. It's very difficult to read most of the wiring diagrams without the full resolution photos.

I've been studying our boats electrical systems like crazy!!! So much to learn :)
Russell & Lindsay
1986 Hull #154 - Standard Rig / Fin Keel
Tacoma, WA

Noah

I you want to PM me I can send you my wiring plan in high resolution.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

KWKloeber

Quote from: Navigaards on March 15, 2017, 04:09:33 PM
One issue I've been having recently is viewing the full size images within the tech wiki section. It's very difficult to read most of the wiring diagrams without the full resolution photos.

I've been studying our boats electrical systems like crazy!!! So much to learn :)

Russ

How most images are uploaded, even if there is a thumbnail or reduced resolution displayed, the  higher resolution image should still be available.

Can you give me a few examples? You can just PM or email me (preferred) the links.

Of course, if whoever posted the info uploaded a lo-res image, or sometimes people create a PDF from another type document,  or an image from a screen shot, and it ends up being a very small size and unreadable when expanded, that can't be "Fixed" i.e., you can't get out, better than what was uploaded.

Ken

David Sanner

Join link is fix.  Thanks for the heads up on that.

High resolution images of things like wiring diagrams would probably best be places in the wiki and then the page linked to from here:
http://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Electrical  (and/or the manuals section) .

Ken, I can get that link that you've shown to show up on my account (or when I'm not logged in) so ... unless this is wide spread maybe best just not to click on the + symbol.  ;)        Actually I think I found it buried under some sort of admin new section.  Who knew that was down there.

-d
David Sanner, #611 1988, "Queimada" San Francisco Bay

KWKloeber

David,  I hear yah.  Anyway, now it's changed to a different "news"  -- must be some sort of rotating message.

<<< News:Put your boat on the Map (see the Wiki). (view boats) >>>

ken

Quote from: David Sanner on March 15, 2017, 09:27:25 PM

Join link is fix.  Thanks for the heads up on that.

High resolution images of things like wiring diagrams would probably best be places in the wiki and then the page linked to from here:
http://c34.org/wiki/index.php?title=Electrical  (and/or the manuals section) .

Ken, I can get that link that you've shown to show up on my account (or when I'm not logged in) so ... unless this is wide spread maybe best just not to click on the + symbol.  ;)        Actually I think I found it buried under some sort of admin new section.  Who knew that was down there.

-d

Sailing48N

Quote from: KWKloeber on March 15, 2017, 04:58:57 PM
Russ

How most images are uploaded, even if there is a thumbnail or reduced resolution displayed, the  higher resolution image should still be available.

Can you give me a few examples? You can just PM or email me (preferred) the links.

Of course, if whoever posted the info uploaded a lo-res image, or sometimes people create a PDF from another type document,  or an image from a screen shot, and it ends up being a very small size and unreadable when expanded, that can't be "Fixed" i.e., you can't get out, better than what was uploaded.

Ken
Here's just one example but this is true of just about any of the image links throughout the wiki section.

Starting point:
Engine Panel Wiring Diagrams

Clicking on any of the following links within that page returns only an empty wiki page:
798 × 599 pixels
320 × 240 pixels
Original file

This is occurring in both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
I hope that helps.
Russell & Lindsay
1986 Hull #154 - Standard Rig / Fin Keel
Tacoma, WA