New lens for lewar ports

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Forshier

I think someone on this site had someone who made replacement lenses for the ports in the Catalina 34 a few years ago and offered to sell some. Mine are so crazed it is hard to see out sunny days. Would like to ge new ones.
On another note i found a retired guy who does canvass and sewing projects here and he agreed to make me replacement curtains. He is using the set up and materials from the sailnet people. I will post them when i get the finished product. .

Fred Koehlmann

Terry,

Which Catalina do you have? If it's a MkII like ours, then the Lemar lenses have the hinges and latch components embedded into the plexiglass. They are integral. We have not found a way to remove them and reattach them. Most of the older models appear easier to replace. We're also trying to figure out a cheaper way to replace them.
Frederick Koehlmann: Dolphina - C425 #3, Midland, ON
PO: C34 #1602, M35BC engine

Terry Forshier

I have a 1988 C34...need the porthole lenses

Ed Shankle

Terry,
You can get replacement Lewmar lenses from Catalina Direct. Check their web site. I did that last year. Perfect fit and good pricing. I got the slightly thicker lens. You'll know what I mean when you look them up. Be sure to also get the o-rings, also on the site.

Regards,
Ed
Ed Shankle
Tail Wind #866 1989 m25xp
Salem, MA

Ron Hill

Terry : Go to Select Plastics for the lenses and Defender for the new gaskets.

A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788