motor mounts

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky

I'm going to install motor mounts on Lucky.I'm looking at metalstic cushyfloat sold by Mission Sales And Supply in Mansfield Tx The adjuster is separate from the mount.No need to raise the engine.Has any one used these or know someone who has and what the results were?
Al Landry
c34 hull#13
Lucky
universal 21hp

lucky

I guess I'm the only one who has heard of these.Talked to Vetus and the shaft can be removed.

Al Landry
lucky hull#13 c34

Ben H.

Quote from: lucky on January 12, 2017, 09:59:00 AM
Talked to Vetus and the shaft can be removed.

I installed all of mine this summer by removing said shaft. Worked well. Just needed a big wrench to tighten the lock-nut back down. I also used a big pair of slip joint pliers to keep the mounts from spinning while tightening the stud back in.
Ben H.
"Happy Camper"
1989 C34 Mk I #886
Std. Rig, Wing Keel, M25XP Engine
Boat - Westport, Connecticut

lucky

Thanks BEN
THE RUBBERS MOUNT DID NOT GET DAMAGED DID THEY.THAT IS WHAT I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT.
AL LANDRY
LUCKY HULL#13

Ron Hill

Lucky : There are a zillion posts on engine mounts and most are about Vetus mounts.  Look in WiKi and the Mainsheet tech notes. 
There's a bunch of information there just waiting to be read.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Ben H.

Quote from: lucky on January 12, 2017, 11:35:15 AM
THE RUBBERS MOUNT DID NOT GET DAMAGED DID THEY.THAT IS WHAT I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT.

You're welcome. No they did not. The upper metal piece protects them well. That is what I held on to with the slip-joint pliers.
Ben H.
"Happy Camper"
1989 C34 Mk I #886
Std. Rig, Wing Keel, M25XP Engine
Boat - Westport, Connecticut