I hate to be on the dry.... *RANT*

Previous topic - Next topic

KWKloeber

Geeez, Stu, why didn't you just forget they were screwing you, be pleased it wasn't $1,500, and just get over it? 

I'm sure they did most other things in the past correctly. :thumb:  <double wink with a big mile> LOL

-k
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

mark_53

Quote from: KWKloeber on December 02, 2016, 04:02:17 PM
Geeez, Stu, why didn't you just forget they were screwing you, be pleased it wasn't $1,500, and just get over it? 

I'm sure they did most other things in the past correctly. :thumb:  <double wink with a big mile> LOL

-k

You screw yourself by being to, lazy or timid to do simple stuff yourself.  The problem is not the boatyard, it's lack of initiative.  Did generations before us expect to have someone do every little thing for them?  H#ll no, they rolled up their sleeves and built this country and took care of their families by hard work, common sense and ingenuity.  We have become a bunch of spoiled brats that expect the world to treat us fair.  The world is not fair so get used to it or receive an economic Darwin award.

Capt.Jim

Quote from: mark_53 on December 02, 2016, 04:45:52 PM
Quote from: KWKloeber on December 02, 2016, 04:02:17 PM

-k

You screw yourself by being to, lazy or timid to do simple stuff yourself.  The problem is not the boatyard, it's lack of initiative.  Did generations before us expect to have someone do every little thing for them?  H#ll no, they rolled up their sleeves and built this country and took care of their families by hard work, common sense and ingenuity.  We have become a bunch of spoiled brats that expect the world to treat us fair.  The world is not fair so get used to it or receive an economic Darwin award.

I agree in a way, but, if we all do everything ourselves there will be no boatyards left in business. So, boatyards do not have to adapt a mentality of screwing whoever steps on to their yard.
We are not all retired, sunbathing on the decks of our boats and thinking what to do with our lives in order to overcome the boredom.
For example I have to take care of my business and family and run my other errands while my pleasure boat taking care of the fixes it needs at the boatyard by "professionals".
Capt. Jim Davis
KISMET '87 C34 - Hull #369 - Fin Keel