winch help

Previous topic - Next topic

lazybone

1988 mk1 #677
Could somebody help,  I need the Lewmar model #for the two sets of winches on my boat.  I disassembled them at the end of the season, jotted down a few replacement parts I needed but forgot to get the model #'s.  I want to order the parts so I have them when I make the trip down.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Sue Clancy

I have a 1987 MK2 #272.

Jib winches are Lewmar #46 - I believe they are called Wavegrip self tailing winch 46ST

Cabin top winches are Lewmar #30 - I believe they are called Wavegrip 30ST
Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

lazybone

Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Stu Jackson

Aldo,

Much depends on what parts you're looking for.  Reason is the newer winches have different "tops" on them.  If all you're looking for are pawls and springs, they should be the same.

I'd check on the Lewmar website to see if the parts you're looking for are identical or not between older and newer winches.

I do not know when Catalina started installing the newer versions.

Sue's right about the model #s, that's what we have on our boat, #224.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Aldo : Your primary winches are #46s and as Sue said the cabin top winches are #30s.

I purchased a Lewmar winch repair kit from the old Boat US and West Marine, but I'd go on line to the Lewmar web site as Stu said.

A thought

Ron, Apache #788

KWKloeber

Quote from: lazybone on November 28, 2016, 12:13:14 PM
1988 mk1 #677
Could somebody help,  I need the Lewmar model #for the two sets of winches on my boat.  I disassembled them at the end of the season, jotted down a few replacement parts I needed but forgot to get the model #'s.  I want to order the parts so I have them when I make the trip down.

LAzy,

Ass/u/me that you have the flat top Lewmars with the recessed allen-wrench-drive bolts on top the black plastic ring?  I can email you or post the parts list and part numbers for those.

Unless you are looking for those old model specific parts (which you WON'T find at West) the service parts (springs, pawls, etc.) are the same for MOST models.   50s can use a larger/heavier spring set than do the smaller pawls on the smaller winches -- but the lighter springs also work.  If you need MODEL SPECIFIC parts, just PM me.

-ken
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain