1987 C34 located in Westbrook, CT. Hull # 272

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue Clancy

After some great cruising experiences, we have decided to sell our boat with plans to move on to something a bit newer.  We have done LOTS of upgrades and critical maintenance items over the last 5 years thanks to those of you on this forum.  "Summer Rush" is ready for immediate cruising.

I have put some details on the marketplace here.

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,9166.msg66809.html#msg66809

And have created a website for the boat with lots of photos.

http://summerrush34.blogspot.com/

Let me know if you are interested in looking!

Sue and Brian Clancy
Former owners - 1987 C34 Mk I #272
Home Port - Westbrook, CT

Sue Clancy

Sue and Brian Clancy

Jon W

Nice looking boat.

Curiosity got to me - Is the dinghy on the bow 8 or 10 foot? What brand anchor windlass and what is under the anchor door for support? How did the horizontal windlass perform? Would you get a horizontal again or change to a vertical?
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

DaveBMusik

What did you go with for solar panels and how did they work sewn across the center bar on the bimini?
Dave Burgess
Water Music
1986 C34 Hull #206, Fin Keel
Yanmar 3YM30
Noank, CT

Sue Clancy

The dinghy is the Mercury Inflatable 310 Airdeck PVC (9'6") it is not included in the sale at this point.

The windlass is a Simpson Lawence Hyspeed manual windlass (not made any longer though there is a guy online that has old parts). There is nothing supporting the door. This was installed prior to our owning the boat.   So far it has not been an issue for us though we always take the load off the windlass when at anchor as is best practice. It basically just raises the anchor.  The horizontal windlass works well.  We don't have much comparison personally between a horizontal windlass vs vertical so I can't comment on that yet. Our new boat has a vertical windlass so we will see how that compares next spring.

The solar panels are HQST 100w panels. They work well. We had to change some of the angles of the Bimini to make it flatter rather than peaked because the panels were bending and not getting the best angles to the sun. So far this is working out ok though now the Bimini connector piece has a bit more sag than I would like. Since I made the Bimini, dodger and connector I could modify it a bit if we were keeping the boat. It would probably be better to have the panels not cross the center bar but because of the adjustable backstay position and the window in the top, this was the only way they would fit. We also used a Victron MPPT controller in case you are curious. Mounted that in the hanging locker on the port side.

Sue and Brian Clancy