Aft Berth Ventilation

Previous topic - Next topic

Breakin Away

For interior applications where marine grade might not be needed, there are other options. This one is smart charging:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WHXRGL4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are other new standards emerging such a Qualcomm Quickcharge 2.0 and 3.0 which may be required to charge certain devices in the future. So whatever you install, be prepared to upgrade it in the future. My solution is to stick with 12v auto receptacles and buy multi-USB adapters (like the one above) to facilitate easy upgrades in the future. I admit it's not marine grade, but I keep my boat dehumidified when in the slip.

2001 MkII Breakin' Away, #1535, TR/WK, M35BC, Mantus 35# (at Rock Hall Landing Marina)

KWKloeber

Quote from: Breakin Away on September 21, 2016, 10:03:57 AM
So whatever you install, be prepared to upgrade it in the future.

Oh thanks a lot for that news.  Figures!  :cry4` :cry4`  But I'm not  :shock: :shock: :shock:
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ekutney

Back to the original topic...  Aft Berth Ventilation

I had a 12K AC unit installed in the locker aft of the Nav Station.  One vent straight up through the locker with the vent fins pointed to the center of the salon, a second vent connected to duct work which goes behind the head bulkhead into the aft berth just about at the foot of the berth close to the fuel tank bulkhead.  I sleep in the aft berth and made it though the entire summer in MD in comfort.  I also have 3 fans; aft berth, V berth and main salon.
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke