Air Filter K & N Adapter

Previous topic - Next topic

britinusa

When I could not find a replacement for the filter in our Air Filter on our M25-XP engine, I did some search on the forum and found Ken's post about the K & N Adapter, I found this page
http://www.knfilters.com/filteraccess.aspx?pkid=3745734&rw=3

Right now, I'm using a pair of cutouts from a sheet of AC/Furnace filter inside our original Air Filter and a nylon Elbow into the top of the Air Filter housing. Not too convinced it's the best route and looking for a replacement Air Filter. At least I found the Adapter (Scroll down the page shown in that link)

Paul

Paul & Peggy
1987 C34 Tall Rig Fin Keel - Hull # 463

See you out on the water

Engine:M25XP

KWKloeber

Paul,

The "oil can" type intake never had a standard type, paper filter inside, not like the "auto" kind that I think you're referring to.   Inside it had "oiled," wadded up alum or stainless scrunge to catch dust.   
For the scrunge, buy a stainless steel scrubbie from the dollar store - for a buck you have new guts for the oil can.
http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,8832.msg63453.html#msg63453
Your crankcase vent will "oil" the insert.

The outside had a foam "prefilter," which is actually a silencer not a filter.  It isn't like running a tractor or auto on the road and the probability of picking up all kinds of junk. 
That said, the foam I am told is NAPA part 7-02278 fits, but haven't verified that. 

Also, there is a K/N filter that fits inside the engine compartment (not so on the C-30  :cry4` )  I haven't searched for it, but I recall it being discussed here....  and maybe on RC's website.  Use the search on the main page, not the forum search and you will find it.

ooops found ONE link, there are more.
http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,8875.msg63915.html#msg63915
(violating Stu's M.O. of "find it yourself"   :rolling )

(You might consider putting blog links on the TW site for all your work, or cross post the info.)

kk

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

Ken Juul

For the outside foam, go to a fabric store and buy a foot of 1/2" foam.  Cut to size, glue or sew the ends together.  Enough foam to make 2 or 3 silencers.  When one gets dirty toss it put on another.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Stu Jackson

Quote from: Ken Juul on September 06, 2016, 07:18:55 AM
For the outside foam, go to a fabric store and buy a foot of 1/2" foam.  Cut to size, glue or sew the ends together.  Enough foam to make 2 or 3 silencers.  When one gets dirty toss it put on another.

Or do a search on "Briggs" for Briggs & Stratton.  I posted the Napa auto parts number for a simple purchase of one that fits perfectly.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."