WTB: Icom M72charging cradle

Previous topic - Next topic

dfloeter

The charging cradle for my handy Icom M72 has died but the radio is still going strong.   Has anyone had the reverse happen and still have a good cradle they would like to sell?   One part number is BC-166.

thanks
Dietrich Floeter
Traverse City MI
1996 Catalina 34 TR WK #1317
Universal M35A
Rocna 20

KWKloeber

D

Is it the battery cup or the ac adapter that's bad?

-kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

dfloeter

It is the charger itself that I fried.  Since the M72 is 10 years old I splurged on a new M73 with a compatible charging base and now have a backup.  Problem solved although if repairable I would still try to fix it if for no other reason than the challenge of soldering tiny parts.
Dietrich Floeter
Traverse City MI
Universal M35A
Rocna 20

KWKloeber

Quote from: dfloeter on October 18, 2016, 03:55:37 AM
It is the charger itself that I fried.  Since the M72 is 10 years old I splurged on a new M73 with a compatible charging base and now have a backup.  Problem solved although if repairable I would still try to fix it if for no other reason than the challenge of soldering tiny parts.

isn't the charger made up of the battery base w/ a receptacle -- that takes the plug that's on either the A/C adapter or the D/C cable?

-kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

dfloeter

Well, I hard wired the 12 volt cord into the panel and mistakenly swapped the wires.   Oops.
Dietrich Floeter
Traverse City MI
Universal M35A
Rocna 20

KWKloeber

Oops!  ;-). I suppose there's nothing lost in dissecting 'er and seeing if a diode is fried.  My guess it's a chip and it probably won't be evident what's bad.