blew up the aft tank

Previous topic - Next topic

Footloose

Behind that bulkhead is where they were installed on the later models.  Don't have a picture to share, but someone will.
Dave G.
"Footloose"
Hull# 608  1988 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
Malletts Bay, VT- Lake Champlain

Jon W

Similar topic posted Oct 2015 called "are my water tanks reversed". I don't know how to make a link to it, but found it with a search. In that discussion Noah posted a photo of the aft water tank many of us have behind a removable panel there.
Jon W.
s/v Della Jean
Hull #493, 1987 MK 1, M25XP, 35# Mantus, Std Rig
San Diego, Ca

Ekutney

Thanks everyone for your input.

I removed the bladder under the aft berth because it was 30 yrs old and some interesting "stuff" came out of it.  Not sure I trust it for drinking water at this point or mechanical strength to hold 50 gals.  I was thinking of replacing it with a 35 gal bladder for the following reasons:
*  two of the blocks securing it came loose and it is a very very difficult place to reach to reattach them.
*  the old 50 gal bladder came right up the shaft log, a very large bladder for that space.
*  I think one of the reasons it was installed was to put weight back aft to offset the hard tank in the V berth.
*  It would be useful to increase the water capacity close to original.

I have seen the pics of the hard tanks behind the aft bulkhead, I think it would be a major project to modify my aft bulkhead to add this.

In an earlier link one owner provided me a pic of a custom hard tank installed under the V berth, it seemed an interesting option.
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke