Another Starting Battery post

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekutney

I've reviewed a number of posts on this subject and am looking for pictures of the EXACT location to mount a reserve (starting) battery under my aft berth near the back of the engine.  I used to have a 50+ gal water bladder under the aft berth and am planning to replace it with a smaller version, about 35 gal.  My boat does not have the aft water tank located behind the bulkhead in the aft berth....  Any ides or experience would be appreciated.   One of my goals is to get more weight aft because my boat is bow heavy, more details on this in the Boat Trim posting on this forum. 
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Stu Jackson

Ed, if you haven't already, look in the tech wiki under electrical.  Mark Elkin did a re-do with pictures.  There aren't that many places to put one!    :D :D :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

mark_53

Ken Juul

I was worried about stuff in the cubby holes under the aft berth sliding and fouling the prop shaft.  Used a 2x4 as a fence, one end attached to the front wall, other end tapered and screwed from the top.  When I added my starting battery under the aft berth I attached the battery box to the 2x4.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA