Solar panel charge not reflected on Xantrex Link-lite

Previous topic - Next topic

bayates

I have a xantrex link-lite that I have put the gotcha settings in.  I have installed 2 100W panels with  Victron controllers wired to the batteries. It is on the correct side of the shunt. Yet even after a sunny day in Catalina where I am getting 5Amp per hour from each panel the victrons go from bulk to absorption to float so the batteries appear charged but the xantrex does not update accordingly.

Would like it all to work together. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Brian & Pat Yates
Hakuna Matata
2000 MKII #1517
San Diego, CA

Stu Jackson

Brian, do you have a link to thew solar Victron controller manuals for your units?
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

bayates

Brian & Pat Yates
Hakuna Matata
2000 MKII #1517
San Diego, CA

mainesail

Quote from: bayates on July 19, 2016, 04:31:54 PM
I have a xantrex link-lite that I have put the gotcha settings in.  I have installed 2 100W panels with  Victron controllers wired to the batteries. It is on the correct side of the shunt. Yet even after a sunny day in Catalina where I am getting 5Amp per hour from each panel the victrons go from bulk to absorption to float so the batteries appear charged but the xantrex does not update accordingly.

Would like it all to work together. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

A photo of the battery/shunt wiring and controller wiring would help..
-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

https://marinehowto.com/

bayates

Here are the pictures of the shunt and the solar controllers.  Hope it helps.
Brian & Pat Yates
Hakuna Matata
2000 MKII #1517
San Diego, CA

mainesail

Quote from: bayates on July 20, 2016, 05:14:03 PM
Here are the pictures of the shunt and the solar controllers.  Hope it helps.

What's the green wire on the battery side of the shunt?
-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

bayates

Brian & Pat Yates
Hakuna Matata
2000 MKII #1517
San Diego, CA

mainesail

Quote from: bayates on July 20, 2016, 08:58:48 PM
Not sure. Will trace back.

If that is the green wire from the solar controllers there is your answer...

FWIW Green is bonding or Earthing and signifies non-current carrying, 0V potential, DC Earthing, AC Earthing, Lightning or Bonding/Earthing wires. Your solar controllers should be using Black or Yellow, the appropriate colors for DC current carrying negative conductors..

The fuse between the batteries and controller goes at the battery end, preferably within 7" of the positive battery terminal.
-Maine Sail
Casco Bay, ME
Boat - CS-36T

bayates

Thank you. The green wire was it. I looked at it a few times and was having senior moment. Mick from Cinnamon told me same thing before I looked and still missed it. Oh well, fixed and registering on the Xantrex.
Brian & Pat Yates
Hakuna Matata
2000 MKII #1517
San Diego, CA