Danavigate 3000 type 3330 by Dana Plus

Previous topic - Next topic

Indian Falls

I posted a couple years ago seeking manual or any paperwork on this.  This season the depth sounder is not working.  Replacing and adding wind instruments is 2K, that's a lot of boat bucks I was not budgeting for.
If anybody has any paper manual or tech info for this I'd love to get my eyeballs on it.
Searches for this have come up 404.... not found.  Dana Plus had a location in Buffalo NY but they were dissolved when KQL? bought them. Any boats from the Erie, Ontario, Toronto region may have gotten this system between 1989 and 1995. Whomever bought them have zero data and zero interest in old stuff from Dana Plus. 
Any help would be great!
Dan & Dar
s/v Resolution, 1990 C34 997
We have enough youth: how about a fountain of "smart"?

KWKloeber

"KVH" - you might try contacting KVH.com support?  Good luck on that.

other:

Loosly translated from a denmark boat forum:

15.06.2008,  Danavigate 3100
Have complete documentation from Danavigate 3100 the company to give dana plus.
Can someone use? Simply e-mail, I then send it to!
J.mathea@gmx.de

from YBW.com

electronics supplier in Scandinavia, who specialize in keeping Danaplus equipment going. They are JBS Marine, email jbsmarin@hotmail.com.

It looks like Dana Plus made products for Sitex -- maybe Sitex has a source of legacy manuals?

Who was the buffalo dealer?  Obersheimer?  I could check with Charlie.

Ken

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

KWKloeber

Maybe this dude found the manual?
kk

instruction manual

Hi Jens, I am looking for a user manual for Danavigate 3100 and 3300 in German or English. I appreciate all the information. Email: beluga@marcvanbarneveld.nl
Cheers! Marc sy Beluga

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.

Indian Falls

I can't retrace my steps to give you the Dana plus dealer in Tonawanda NY, I stumbled over info regarding the closure of the location.  It was not Obershiemer.  KVH website had nothing inviting about support for 30year old acquired technology... so I did not pursue that with them.  I will follow your leads, Thanks!!
How did you find those leads? I've been combing the internet since last weekend and never saw those!
I sent two emails... we'll see if we get a hit.
Dan & Dar

KWKloeber

Speaking of KVH -- anyone have a use for a KVH Datascope in perfect condition? I have no use for it anymore

ken

KWKloeber

Quote from: Indian Falls on June 23, 2016, 08:33:22 PM
I can't retrace my steps to give you the Dana plus dealer in Tonawanda NY, I stumbled over info regarding the closure of the location.  It was not Obershiemer.  KVH website had nothing inviting about support for 30year old acquired technology... so I did not pursue that with them.  I will follow your leads, Thanks!!

Dan, was it SR Instruments by any chance?

Ken

Indian Falls

Not SR instruments.  just tried a few searches to find where I saw that... not getting there.  It was deep, I was at it for a while!
Dan & Dar

KWKloeber

Quote from: Indian Falls on June 23, 2016, 08:45:57 PM
Not SR instruments.  just tried a few searches to find where I saw that... not getting there.  It was deep, I was at it for a while!

How about checking/searching your browser history?
k