Overhead hand rails

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekutney

I installed two overhead hand rails in the salon, they are through bolted for maximum strength.  The yard is replacing the through hulls with sea cocks and put up the plastic to keep the mess to a minimum.  BZ to Oak Harbor marina for their outstounding work and care they put into going the extra mile.
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Noah

Looking good. On your through-bolted hand rails, what type fasteners are on deck? Where to they surface? Can you walk on them? Also, do you have a deck stepped mast, or does just the photo angle make it tappear to be a compression tube? I thought all early MK 1s were deck stepped?
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

Ekutney

On deck are oval Phillips head with crown washers, they do not protrude and are fine to walk on.  The fasteners are about halfway between the topside handrails and the sea hood just inboard/ forward of the dorads.  They are through bolted with bolt/nut inside the rails with teak plugs, my intent was to make sure 100% they were solid.  I will take some pics next time I am at the boat.  The mast is deck stepped and that is the compression post in the pic.
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke