cost for replacing deadheads (aft plexiglass)

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulus

Beckie, you might give the following a call:  Lakeland Plastics, located in Spring Lake, Mi.  # 1-616-638-1472(cell)  land line 616-846-0261. His name Wayne Ritchie.  He is a very fine craftsman.  He did two for me a few years back. 
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

anaisdog

Hull #99, c34, 1986, Detroit Yacht Club

anaisdog

patrice

Hi,

You could use craft paper, ( thick brown one ) and lay it on the plexi from the outside.  Put some tape around to hold in place.
Pass one finger pressing the paper against the plexi contour and you should see the pattern marking on the paper.
Remove and use a felt pen to go over the mark pattern.

At least on the 89, there is no frame covering the plexi.  And the contour is apparent.

1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

anaisdog

anaisdog

Select plastics doesn't have the fixed port patterns

KWKloeber

Quote from: anaisdog on May 19, 2016, 05:58:51 AM
3 weeks is what they said.

That's crazzy, don't yah think? 

Maybe from the time they take the order, measure, order material, get it in, get it scheduled, yes.  They probably have 3 weeks backlog of work, but if you get on the schedule, windows need to be there only a day before they cut them.
If you give them the ROUGH (rectangular) size of each window.  Not even templates -- just overall size,  Nothing stops them from ordering it in and scheduling it, and you drop off the plexi.  To cut out 4 they should be ready the next day.  Talk logical to them and see if they can work with you...!  Or go to the next supplier.  For that matter you can order material yourself and have someone cut it.  Cutting plexi isn't rocket science.

kk
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the tradewinds in your sails.
Explore.  Dream.  Discover.   -Mark Twain

anaisdog

not my business so i have no idea.  i'm calling around to the other recommended suppliers now. 

Roc

Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Noah

Just remember they require more than a "simple" cut. They have a beveled edge.
1990 hull #1014, San Diego, CA,  Fin Keel,
Standard Rig

anaisdog

and that's why i want a marine place to do it!

Paulus

Lakeland plastics does mostly boats.  Very good.  I did bring in the old window for the pattern. 
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

anaisdog

i called and left a message for lakeland. thanks!

Phil Spicer

Becki: I just had Allied Plastics in Toledo cut Plexiglass for my center overhead hatch. $20 plus labor. Called them at 4:30 and they said bring it in the next monring & wait. An hour later I was headed home with a new lens. They remover the plexi & taped it on a new rough cut sheet. Using the old lens as a template they used a router to cut the new lens with holes, 100% correct. My drive time was 30 minutes longer than my wait time, but worth it. Hope you can call around & find a place like I found.
   Could you pull the windows out & cover with heavy plastic and duck tape for a day or two?
       Just some thoughts.          Good luck
Phil & Marsha,Sandusky Sailing Club. Steamboat is #789,tall/wing-Unv M25XP/Hurth ZF 50 trans.

anaisdog

hell, i'd drive to toledo for that!  i'll call them tomorrow!  thanks!