A/C sea water pump

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Juul

Recommissioned the A/C yesterday, surprise the pump doesn't work :cry4` Put in the spare and cool boat again.  I haven't done any troubleshooting yet, any tips.  First time dealing with these types of motors.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ken Juul

pump is shot.  Got it dissassembled and the motor shaft is frozen in the bearing.  As far as I can tell, it's about 25 years old....Guess I can't complain about it...But can complain about the cost of a new one :cry4`.  I know it goes in cycles....but spending way too many boat bucks this season,
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ekutney

I will be putting the boat back in the water shortly after having it hauled for bottom pait and to install thru hulls for the NEW AC unit.  What brand pump did you go with? I installed a March pump.  Also what type sea strainer?  Have not gotten one yet and would like opinions.
Ed Kutney
1986 C34
S/V Grace #42 shoal keel
Universal M-25
Magothy River
Severna Park, MD

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Ken Juul

Yes, March LC-2CP-MD.  Others were about the same price, but I know this one fits.  I have a Groco, screw off cap with a nylon strainer inside.  Stands about 10" high, holds maybe a pint of water.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA